Online advertising has become the newest marketing trend for local and online businesses. And while many marketers aim for global advertisement, many marketers want to market their products or services to a specific market through Geo targeted SEO. It has allowed business owners to focus their target audience into a specific location and increase local visibility. But how does geo targeted marketing works? Find out more below.
What is Geo Targeting SEO?
Geo targeted SEO is very simple: you are directing your advertising efforts in a specific geographical location. Such advertising is designed to target a specific market, which could be located in a given country, region, or city. Therefore, it is very focused in the promotional approach and is often catered for the individuals residing within that specific location, despite leveraging online tools and methods.
Geo targeting is a method that is used to control the content displayed on a website to reflect a business located in a specific geographical area. The center of geo targeted marketing happens on the server before the actual website is sent over to the browser. Basically, a mechanism detects the IP address of the web user, then verifies it to the database to ensure that the search matches that of the browser’s location.
For business owners, geo targeted SEO is very useful since it enables you to dominate the popular search engines and their local counterparts.
Benefits of Geo Targeted SEO
- What is the relevance of geo targeted marketing to local businesses? These benefits are listed below:
- It enables local businesses to target their marketing efforts to the local audience. And with a targeted approach to marketing, you are likely to increase conversion rate.
- Geo SEO enables a small business to compete in an even playing field with larger businesses.
- Geo targeted SEO enable small businesses with minimal marketing budget to achieve real results and higher return of investments. However, experts insist that you need to have an in-depth understanding of your local market in order to improve your quality of service to customers.
- It enables you to dominate your local niche. It also encourages people to purchase your products or use your services instead of purchasing from someone that is far from them.